We strive to live life in harmony with nature. By respecting people, creatures and the environment alike we can all work together to reach higher levels and fulfil our dreams.
FACILITIES AT SANDVELD ORGANICS
Sandveld Organics is situated near Lamberts Bay, on the West Coast, two and a half hours drive from Cape Town. With vast stretches of still unspoilt veld and coast the area is a good place to get in tune with nature. It is not an easy place to live, the soil is but sand, strong winds and hot summer temperatures pose daily challenges. But then, after good winter rains, the veld erupts like magic into an abundance of colours and flowers that attracts visitors from all over the world. The coast’s estuaries and pristine beaches are popular destinations for Bird Watchers, Surfers and Divers alike.
We have embraced tourism as an opportunity to share our farm life and the beauty of our surrounds with visitors. The main attraction on our family’s property is "the Dunes" - this outdoor playground of sand dunes is a well-known 4x4 route and hiking destination. These outdoor activities are complemented by the Bauernstube, our fully licenced Bush Pub. During high season we are open daily, else by appointment, for private parties or corporate functions.
The DUNES is a celebration for anyone who enjoys sand and dunes. This desert playground is not restricted to serious off-road driving, its magic captures young and old alike. In the words of Jeremy Jowell, acclaimed Photo Journalist “..suddenly the vegetation comes to an abrupt halt. Stretching out before us is a vast sand desert, dotted by isolated patches of grass and a few bizarre-shaped rocks. Undulating linear dunes climb steeply in the distance …. Sitting on top of a sand dune with not a modern construction in sight is a tonic for the soul. We’re just three hours away from the sights, sounds and stress of the city, yet it is a world apart. This could easily be Namibia. Maybe even the moon.”
In the DUNES, you can
- Enjoy the beauty of nature, a magic place that still lacks conclusive explanation of its origin. Listen to its majestic silence, wonder across the valleys and hills of snow white sand dunes.
- In the surrounding virgin veld, watch birds and animals in unspoilt habitats, sketch the famous West Coast diversity of flowers and trees, search for insects, reptiles and everything else that crawls and flies.
It is always a good time to have some fun
- take your 4x4 vehicle and your off-road skills to the limit on one of the most challenging sand routes of the country (guided tours only)
- curve down the steep side of a dune on a sandboard (if your balance is up to it)
- Discover genuine Sandveld hospitality in our bush camp or in the Bauernstube Bush Pub. Let your people be spoilt with traditional dishes that have been simmering in the potjie for hours, braaing on the coals just long enough.
Spend an afternoon in the Country
Visit our Bauernstube bush pub and relax in the peaceful atmosphere of our farm. Let us spoil your family, team mates or colleagues.
The Bauernstube is fully licenced. Our cosy restaurant seats 20 people inside and 12 people outside in the shade. We have a small Bar area and a large fireplace for cold winter evenings. Audio and Video facilities/TV are available. We cater on request, traditional Sandveld dishes and Braais are our specialities.
We are located 10 km outside Lamberts Bay on the Road to Clanwilliam (take the ‘’Dunes’’ turnoff.
Geniet die Lekker Landlewe !
Kom maak ‘n draai en kuier by ons “Bauernstube” boskroeg in rustige atmosfeer op die plaas. Jou familie, friende of kollegas sal die uitstappie besplis geniet.
Ons boskroeg is ten volle gelisensieërd. Die restaurant het plek binne vir 20 persone en 12 persone buite op die stoep. Ons het ‘n klein Bar gedeelte en ‘n groot, oop kagel vir koue winter aande. Video/TV fasiliteite beskikbar. Skakel vooraf vir boerekos en ander lekker disse.
Ons is geleë 10 km buite Lambertsbaai op die Clanwilliam pad. Kyk uit vir ‘The Dunes’ se afdraai.